Telebehavioral health services are generally not covered by health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
Coverage and benefits for counseling services vary widely among health insurance providers and plans but generally, the following applies:
- Coverage may be partial or very limited.
- Even if your plan covers the service, the required co-pay may be higher than the entire cost of your weekly subscription.
- Before you can get reimbursement, you would need a confirmed diagnosis of a mental disorder. Your diagnosis would be sent to the insurance company and recorded in your medical file. In some cases, the therapist may have to provide clinical information to the insurance company, such as treatment plans, summaries or copies of your records.
If you want to consider using your health insurance, please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have behavioral health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Well Street Online offers affordable pricing options that are comparable with the copays of most behavioral health care insurance plans.